Sunday 11 August 2013

Nature's Magic

Nature's Magic

Mummy I am frightened now the nights are getting long,
the sun goes to bed before me,
I can't hear the blackbird's evening song.
The darkness creeps into my room
and casts it's cloak round me,
it makes me dream of monsters and 
scary creatures I can't see. 

Don't be frightened little one,
don't worry your wee head.
Nature's magic is at work while
 you are in your bed.

Though hidden it's your friend the Sun
that gives Moon it's silver glow,
suspended high with twinkling stars 
it looks wondrous from below. 
I promise you no monsters or scary
creatures are lurking out of sight,
only animals that much prefer to
roam about at night. 

Blackbird isn't singing as he's in bed
just like you, 
but listen carefully my precious and
you'll hear a distant twit and an answering twoo. 
Tawny Owl is focused as he hunts
in silent flight.
He looks mysterious and ghost-like
caught in the lunar light. 


So rest your head and close your eyes,
don't let fear stay.
And as you dream so peacefully
night will turn to day. 

Mummy I don't think I am frightened now, 
still I don't want to sleep.
Please let me slip my hand in yours
so at Nature's magic we can peep. 







2 comments:

  1. I love your poems, I plan on sharing them with my daughter as I think they will apply to her as well. thank you for sharing your creative talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Viv, it's really lovely to hear that someone is enjoying what I write. Thank you also for commenting as it made me realise I have not really sat down for a while and just allowed myself to have some creative time. x

    ReplyDelete