Monday 20 January 2014

Teaching Me

Teaching Me


As I cosy you down into your beds,
kiss your lips and soothe your heads,
I think of how I've grown,
what I've become
since I first became your mum.
Everyday there is something new,
something fun for us to do.
Everyday we learn together,
we explore, we discover,
we cuddle and blether.
You inspire me with
your sense of awe
I hope your wide eyed wonder
will never thaw.
I hope you'll always see magic
in the tiniest things,
a colourful stone,
a butterfly's wings.
I hope you'll always run with joy
to the shore,
look to the horizon
and want to learn more.
You're both kind and caring,
you understand what's wrong
and what's right.
For the things you believe in
I hope you always will fight.
Looking into the future I
imagine what you will be.
At this moment in time
you're still teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment